Sunday, August 28, 2011

A few more TREASURES rescued over the weekend....!

*** This post is dedicated to my ever FAITHFUL Friend Wendy from Bonnie Doon....Wendy Love....Once again, I am SO SORRY to have 'missed' your birthday earlier this month....I am EVER grateful for your tolerance & forgiving ways....!!!!! ***


Morning fellow Seekers Of The Past....!

I trust you all had a FABULOUS relaxing weekend filled with Treasures....!  Once again I'm just popping in BRIEFLY to share some of the pieces I've seen as I've made my way through the HR....Alas....I've not been able to pick them all up so I've documented their existence with my trusty Iphone....!!


Comments on this post have been disabled as I'm unable to come & visit with you at the moment as along with sourcing, I have several projects on the go keeping me away from the computer....!!

This piece requires HOURS of restoration AND cleaning but I'm SURE you'll all agree.... 
It's one SERIOUSLY S-E-X-Y piece of wood....!!!!! 
DIVINELY tattered 1940's hope chest....Originally covered in brocade it was recovered at some stage with this BEAUTIFUL floral linen fabric....It was SO HEAVY I almost left it behind....ALMOST....**wink**....!! 
PERFECT blue....Aussie made 1970's....And NO restoration required....A RARITY indeed....! 
GREAT industrial bookshelf....The ply backing has had the RICHARD so I'll replace that & I'll use it when I have a stall at the Market for my smalls....!! 
Aluminium hospital bedside cabinet....LOVE the quirky veneer finish but that POOR MANS WOOD (chipboard) will have to go....A nice hardwood top & some metal handles will finish this one off just nicely....! 
I thought this was a PAINT BY NUMBERS piece when I drove by but on closer inspection it turned out to be Hobbytex....! 
ORIGINAL Sebel Hobnob chairs....WOOHOO....! 
DROP DEAD GORGEOUS head board....I'll chop the legs off & use the other side to make one of my YUMMY blackboards....! 
LOVELY drop leaf table....! 
....Almost peed my pants laughing when I spied this....ALMOST....  :o) !! 
I ALWAYS know where to go if I need some EXTRA luggage....! 
This one's a CUTIE....
Yayyyyyyyy....I haven't found a crinkly wire rubbish bin in the HR for SEVEN LONG YEARS....**long sigh**....!!!!! 
Aussie (pronounced OZZIE) manufacturers stamp dates this WICKEDLY SEXY piece to 1956 back when Elvis was turning from from a Prince....To THE King....  :o) !!!!! 
Just no room in the van to squeeze this beauty....**sob**....!

OK....Must away....Take care & have a BRILLIANT week one & ALL....!

Cheers,
Tamarah  :o)