Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 Days to go to the Shabby Vintage Junk Extravaganza: Vendor Profile - Shoestring Splendour

Hello fellow Junkers....!

There are now just 10 days to go until the inaugural Shabby Vintage Junk Extravaganza kicks off on Friday 13th August at the Ashburton Scout Hall in High Street, Ashburton at 8am.

I thought it would be a great idea to count down the remaining days by introducing you to our FABULOUS Vendors....!

In no particular order other than starting with the Vendors who have their own blogs, websites &/or eBay profiles, I'd like to start with Samantha from Shoestring Splendour.

I had the pleasure of meeting Sam through a mutual friend some 10 years ago at the market & have enjoyed many early Sunday morning 'show & tell' sessions with her where we've enthusiastically shared the Treasures we've found....!

Sam's eBay store, shoestring_splendour is a FAVE amongst the Shabby enthusiates who frequent eBay for pretty & eclectic Vintage Treasures so if you're after something exquisite, romantic, glamorous or pretty, make sure you drop in for a peek....!  Her vintage tins, jewelled clocks, purses & trinkets are TO DIE FOR....!!

I was absolutely THRILLED when Sam FINALLY launched her own blog on April 3rd this year & have snaffled (stolen) some of her DIVINE pics to share with you....!!


I WISH my office was as pretty....AND organised....!


Don't you just LOVE the colours....!


Gorgeous ECLECTIC mix....


*** sigh ***


Thou shalt not covet thy Friends Treasures....hahahahahaha....


During our Vendor Meeting a couple of months ago one of the stand out moments for me came from Sam when she described how the Shabby Vintage Junk Extravaganza would give her an opportunity to move out from behind the screen for some one on one contact with her buyers....Having been a Seller on eBay for so long, Sam is REALLY looking forward to meeting you so when you pop into her booth, be ready for a GREAT BIG SMILE....!!

Now a few words from Sam:

"Having been an avid second hand queen for many, many years & enduring much teasing from my "only new will do" family and friends, I finally feel like I have hit my stride furnishing my home with charm & character. At last, my cherished pieces are considered CHIC!! YAY!!! I love to spend any free time treasure hunting at markets, op shops & antique stores. A busy mum of three teenagers, I help out doing the books for my hubbys business squeezing ME time in between. My favouirte time of the week is Sunday morning when I hit the flea market.

Born in England, I feel this has influenced my taste in decor which is a cross between shabby chic & french/english vintage design. Nothing appeals to me more than soft colours and faded florals.

For the SVJ-X I have put together an eclectic mix of lovely vintage items. On my stall you will find only pieces I would be happy to include in my home while some pieces are indeed old favourites. Think classic English floral furniture, pretty 50's scrolly white pieces and lots of lovely floral pictures. Throw in some rustic French....A little bling in the form of Rhinestone brooches, some GORGEOUS antique EPNS pieces and so much more.

I can't wait for SVJ-X so I can meet lots of other vintage queens, put names to faces of my ebay friends and have an absolute blast."

Thanks Sam....I'm SURE we're all gonna have a BALL....!!

Hope everyone's having an AWESOME week....!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah  :o)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tamarah!! Oh how I wish I could get down to the Extravaganza!!!! Love Sam's office...how gorgeous:) If I don't get to speak to you again before the big event...I hope it is FABULOUS and that you have an awesome time! I can't wait to hear all about it (and to see some fab pics!!). Happy week to you lovely lady! Hugs ~ Txx

    PS: 'Thou shalt not covet thy friend's treasures'....love it ;) ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, I would love to visit the Extravaganza if only it weren't half a world away! And Sam has some wonderful stuff, I would be coveting those treasures too!!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole thing is going to be awesome. I want to be a vendor.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to have a BLAST; it's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tamarah,
    Wow! That Samantha gal sure has a beauty of an office. If only my workspace were half as stylish... it currently is littered with feathers that my kitty found in a bag and thinking it was a bird tried to kill the bag and the end is result is, well, not so pretty.
    Anyhow...I'm headed over to Sam's blog right now!

    Let the countdown begin!

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah! Sam has been a dear friend of mine for many years now and she has the most amazing "eye" for the perfect treasures. Cant wait to see her stall at the SVJ - X, will have to stay away so I dont spend too much ha!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya,

    yay...and today is like a Friday to me because it is my last day at work...I am lucky enough to be able to work part-time, only work Mon-Wed. I will prob go back full-time when the kids are older :)

    Thanks for all your support and thanks for the award! Thanks for the heads-up:) I'll post something Thurs.

    Its always lovely to hear from you,

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it's gonna be GREAT!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tamarah...Sam's workplace looks beautiful..

    she has gorgeous goodies on her ebay site...so I am looking forward with "baited breath" to meet her & see how gorgeous her stall will be..

    xx andrea...(ps...are the tressle tables still available?)..

    ReplyDelete