Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An unexpected TREASURE all the way from BONNIE DOON....!!

Monday to Friday sees me bolting from the house at 7.47am precisely for the brisk 15 minute walk to the station & today was no exception....I was stopped in my tracks briefly though this morning when I spied a little brown package poking out of our mail box....Having spoken with 'Bonnie Doon Wendy' yesterday, I KNEW what the package wedged inside contained even though the speed with which it arrived was quite UNEXPECTED....A smile as broad as the Cheshires lit my face as I plucked it out quick smart & raced to the corner to 'run the gauntlet'...Once safely across the busy road I tore into the package (still walking briskly at this stage) & plucked out a wee padded, tissue covered lump....I stopped for a moment holding my breath in anticipation as I peeled the layers away to reveal the SWEETEST little terrier ever....!!!

Squealing in delight I fumbled about in my satchel for my phone & dialled Wendy's number.....hahahahaha....Poor Wendy....I must have scared her half to death with my excited early morning squarkings....!!!

His name is Tom which stands for 'Terrier Of Mansfield', a large town near Bonnie Doon & my friend Wendy made him from a pattern she devised after looking at the banner pic of my vintage terriers....How CLEVER is that....!!  I think I've managed to convince her to make a bunch for my booth at the Shabby Vintage Junk Extravaganza....They are SO ADORABLE I know they'll be a hit.....!!

He's sitting amongst the rest of the 'pack' on the mantle above our bed & he fits in PERFECTLY....!!!


Don't you love his little bow....There's a sweet tinkly bell on the other side....


And look at that sweet little nose & mouth....!!


His little head & tail are just ADORABLE....


And his little ear sticks up at JUST the right angle.


So much PRETTIER to look at than the drizzle out my office window don't you think...??!!


THANK YOU Wendy for my Tuesday morning Treasure....He made me smile EVERY time I looked at him....I'm STILL smiling now....!!

Wherever you are I HOPE you're having a GREAT week & had something WONDERFUL to smile about today....!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah  :o)

PS:  After ALL the excitement I STILL managed to make my train....!!

6 comments:

  1. Tamarah, Do you collect all stuffed dogs or certain types, breeds or makes? You r new little guy is very cute.

    Did you receive your bocce balls yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your doggies!! I look forward to meeting you at the Junk Bonanza! Be sure to introduce yourself...I'll be the one running around looking a bit ragged with a cup of coffee in hand.
    Cheers,
    Ki

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doggie is VERY sweet! And what a good home he's found. I am out of breath just listening to your walk to the station.
    Gina at Vintage Junk in My Trunk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! He is sweet. I love getting mail like that! I'm glad you liked the wrap stations. I think it is a cool idea! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tamarah!
    Thanks for your sweet comments! Your kind words help make the day a little easier to handle.

    I have to tell you that you new little doggie is just precious. My daughter has a collection of cute Airedales and various Terriers in her room. He would fit in great. I think I told you the last time I visited that I have one of those vintage white terriers like the ones in your
    blog header. I just LOVE him. Hmmm, you've given me an idea...who knows, you may see him one day on my blog :)
    Take care and thanks again for your comments. Have a great weekend!
    XoXo
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, too sweet! What a talented girl she is to come up with her own pattern and create such an adorable little terrier.
    I can see why you are so thrilled.
    ...and my......you have quite the view at work!

    ReplyDelete