Saturday, August 25, 2012

Stock Options....Saturday Finds....!

Hey Keepers of The Past....!

I trust this post finds you all enjoying a LOVELY weekend....!

I thought I'd pop in & share my Saturday finds with you....You'll have to forgive the blurry images though I'm afraid as they were taken just as the sun was kissing our horizon goodbye for the day....!

As a re-seller of vintage wares, I go through 'dry spells' where stock is very 'light on the ground'....So much so I find I'm forever having to think outside the square in so far as what I can do or where I can go to get me some of the good junk....I'm HAPPY to say though, the months of July & August offer no such challenges....As a matter of fact, the amount of stock available to me during these two months can be somewhat overwhelming....

Over this 8 week period it becomes a real struggle to actually process everything I bring home & get it into my spaces at The Vintage Shed & Waverley Antiques & Collectibles Bazaar before my OCD kicks in & I feel I'm on the brink of having a nervous breakdown....SERIOUSLY....I do NOT do clutter well & having so much stock under my feet does my head in....!!!!!

Today when I was out & about I hit two AWESOME garage sales & scored a MESS of Treasures....I ended up being out on the road for the better part of the day though so I was unable to process (clean, fix & tag) anything though so it's stacked up high behind me around the dining table....And as our TINY backyard offers no protection from the elements, I daren't leave any of it outside....Of course, having it inside brings all sorts of 'issues' to the table....Spiders, 'smells'....It's NOT PRETTY folks....What I'd do for a BARN like my mate Margo....**sigh**.....

There are a number of pieces I'd LOVE to keep....
Love....LOVE....L-O-V-E this style of chair....I think it may be a Fler....POTENTIAL KEEPER for sure....The fact I have TWO just like it in storage simply means I need TWO more....hahahaha....
Been an AGE since I found any of these chairs....They'll clean up BEAUTIFULLY....
Need to rip this tacky fabric off & see what's underneath....
Wooden ironing boards & wooden frames are ALWAYS on my 'shopping' list....!
This little chippy dresser is a cutie....No repairs required....Just some ELBOW GREASE....
Smalls....
YUMMY trouble light....DIVINE Pates vase....
LOVE this style of plant stand....TOO....CUTE....
AWESOME display opportunities....
This paint splattered ladder is TO DIE FOR....
I am SO KEEPING this chippy stool....YEP....FOR SURE....!!!
....hmmmmm....Maybe I should keep this one too to keep the other one company....**wink**....
AWESOME retro coffee table....Needs some work THEN some elbow grease....
Tempted to pop this wooden box on the TO KEEP FOREVER list....
Oh & these scales....gor....GEOUS....
Check out the detail of the glass....GET OUT....Salter you ROCK....!!!!!
YUMMY orange suitcase....
These chairs are ALWAYS great sellers & with summer nipping at our heals I don't imagine It'll be around for long....
This was the ONLY piece I cleaned before I came inside....It looks AMAZING....The white base is metal which surprised me as these are generally plastic....
Sweet tiered 50's white painted bookshelf & TELECOM Technician's tool box....
I'm kinda liking orange at the moment....Though I don't think it will ever replace my red & green....
I may paint this standard lamp base....
....And this one too....
Chippy green metal ladder....I can't find enough of these....
Now this bike is something else....The graphics are stunNING & I'm not sure if I'll be able to part with it....
....stunNING....!!

Hooley dooley....This post has taken TWO stubbies (bottles of beer) to write so I'm off to stagger about the interweb in a semi drunk relaxed fashion....Here's hoping I don't leave any RIDICULOUS comments anywhere....hahahaha....

Cheers for now,
Tamarah  :o)

5 comments:

  1. A good haul for sure. I love the square stool...I'd keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did extremely well, loving everything...good thing Im in another state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first chair, and I want that trouble light. Love the orange tool box too.
    I do love my barn. When we first bought the house we actually talked about tearing it down. For the first year or so it just stored all the stuff we pulled out of the house for the remodel. Then I discovered junking and I've utilized it since. It's not a big barn, but It works for me. I even have a feral barn cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to grab it while you can! It's amazing to me that even though we are on the opposite sides of the world, our tastes and acquisitions in junk are so alike. I too have several of the pieces shown here! Yard sale season here will wind down too soon and then I too have to get creative about finding more stuff. (even though the garage is packed, you just never know when you'll hit a dry spell).

    Hope all is well with you!! xo -amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find THE best junk! I LOVE the ladders! That dresser would go home with me, if we were in the same hemisphere. And you should definitely keep the box and the little stools. Heck, I'd want to keep all of it! I don't know how you part with any of it.

    ReplyDelete