Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Can anyone HELP me identify my SEXY Pottery Lamp....Bitossi....??

I should be FIVE SOMEWHERE ELSES....But with the opening of the Shabby Vintage Junk Shop next Thursday I'm finding ways to deal with the stress shirk my duties & find myself fixating on....OTHER things....!!

Take this STUNNING green pottery lamp for example....I found it a few weeks ago & it's been standing about in the living area ever since....Well with everything going on at the moment, TODAY is the day my mind's decided to FIXATE on it & I've just spent the last two hours trying to identify it....I mean....I'm pretty sure it's a Bitossi but I've not seen this particular colour & design before & need to know so I can....Get out of bed get some bloody work done....!!!!!

It's a WHOPPER standing well over 1 1/2 ft tall.... 
Deep impressed design which I thought might be the 'Spagnola' pattern this fellow was talking about over at the retropolitan blog but I wasn't able to locate any further info after that... 
The AWESOME green colour is TO DIE FOR.... 
And I LOVE the uneven texture of both the pottery & the glaze.... 
I found some info here re Bitossi markings but I was confused as I'm pretty sure there's no 'B' in Italy & I don't think this relates to the 'B' noted here....
....hmmmmm.... 
Gorgeous....GORGEOUS GREEN.... 
And although I've always enjoyed the rimini blue pieces....This piece has grown on me....ESPECIALLY so this morning it would seem....!!!!! 

If you're able to help me identify this BEAUTY I'd really appreciate it....I'll OWE you big time for sure....!!!

Now don't forget....If you're coming to the Grand Opening of the SVJ Shop at Waverley Antiques & Collectibles Bazaar on the 14th to drop me a line at shabbyvintagejunk@hotmail.com so we can make sure we have sufficient helpers, staff, coffee & food on hand to accommodate you....!!!!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah  :o)



4 comments:

  1. Tamara, I have no idea, but it is gorgeous!Maybe ask Trish from Trish hunter finds?
    I seem to only get the odd blog post from you showing up in my feed, so I missed the news re shop! OMG, Im saving my pennies as I write to come and visit asap!
    My friend is going down your way soon, so I will try to convince her to visit on my behalf...Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not idea but that is the prettiest green ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A BIG Congrats on the new shop, Tamarah! I know it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Best of luck for the opening. I wish I could help you on this green treasure, but I have no idea/experience in such an item x

    ReplyDelete